Hotel Byron opens on 10th May 2018

Booking Office

MJH Hospitality Group

Book from this site
Exclusive advantages only for you

Partly cloudy
1003
22
03
2019
10°
18°
Partly cloudy
1003
23
03
2019
11°
20°
Overcast
1009
24
03
2019
12°
20°
Partly cloudy
1003
25
03
2019
13°
16°
Partly cloudy
1003
26
03
2019
10°
15°
Domino Suite Hotel

Via Gorizia 8 - 30016 Jesolo

VENEZIA - Italy

Tel +39 0421.372848

Fax +39.0421.373344

email: info@dominosuitehotel.com

Island Lagoon of Venice (20 Km)

Murano, Burano and Torcello

The Lagoon of Venice contains the islands of:

  • Murano Island is situated to the north east of the city, on the Murano channel. It is made up of seven smaller islets separated by canals, but connected by bridges to one another. Among the most important monuments are the church of Saints Mary and Donato in the Venetian-Byzantine stile, built in the VIIth Century and rebuilt in the XIIth, and the church of St. Peter, Martyr, constructed in the XV-XVI Cent., which houses paintings by Paulo Veronese and Giovanni Bellini. The island is world-famous for the production of blown glass.

  • Burano is one of the inhabited islands of the Lagoon and is noted for the production of lace and for its typical brightly coloured houses. Not to be missed is Mazzorbo, with its secluded open spaces and wide views over the Lagoon. It also has a XIVth Cent. Church, St. Catherine, and a public park which has been created in the old cemetery and which is enclosed by an ancient wall.

  • The island of Torcello is bounded on the south east by the Burano channel and to the north and east by the Rosa and Centrega salt marshes. It is the site of one of the oldest human settlements in the Lagoon, having been founded between the Vth and VIth centuries. The Cathedral of Our Lady of the Assumption was rebuilt in its current form around the year one thousand. In front of the basilica is the so-called Throne of Attila and the Devil's Bridge, on the access canal, retains the original design, without parapets. For centuries the island of Sant Erasmo's points of contact have been San Francesco del Deserto and Burano on the one side and Treporti and Punta Sabbioni on the other; it is a spot where the tourism is predominantly local, domestic, non-invasive. After long years of abandonment and neglect, this green island of market gardens and vineyards has had its most important monument restored, the Tower of Maximilian. The adjacent beach, known as the "bacan", has also benefited from the restoration carried out in this part of the island